Flagship Datacenter: NAP of the Americas
Applied Innovations uses the NAP of the Americas® as our flagship Tier-IV datacenter. This facility was the first purpose-built, carrier-neutral Network Access Point and is located in one of the top 5 connected cities in the world, Miami, FL.
- Over 160 Global Carriers
- Tier IV Facility with 7 Tier I Service Providers
- Command Center with security personnel (24 hours a day)
- Housed on multiple power grids with Uninterrupted Power (provided by 12 HiTEC Continuous Power Systems) with better transfer rate than typical battery-based UPS
- Only city in the country where optical, ethernet, voice and Internet traffic are handed off in one location
- 3,600 tons of redundant chiller backup capacity
- 24/7 SECURITY: The data center’s command center has on-site armed security 24 hours a day. Security personnel monitor surveillance cameras on the grounds and safeguard access to the facility. Cardkey access is required for elevator use and for entry into all areas..
- MILITARY GRADE ENCRYPTION: NAP of the Americas utilizes military-grade data encryption to ensure top-level security on every server it houses. As a Tier-IV data center, it is certified as a host of the most sensitive of data, which is why the Nap of the Americas is a trusted service provider to some of the top businesses and government agencies in the world.
- FLOODING: All equipment floors are located at least 32 feet above sea level and the rooftop of NAP of the Americas data center was build with a slop in mind that creates an environment where extreme amounts of rainwater can easy be displaced. The NAP was specifically designed to handle storms exceeding 500-year storm proportions. There are also 18 rooftop drops that assist in rainwater drainage, ensuring all equipment remains safe. In additional the data center is located in a geographic location far beyond FEMA’s 500-year flood zone.
- HURRICANES: This facility was designed to withstand a Category 5 hurricane. The data center was built using 7-inch-thick steel-reinforced concrete exterior panels and the roof was constructed with 19 million pounds of concrete ballasts that add an extra layer of protection.
- FIRES:A fire-suppression system, that actively detects fire while the building prevents water from entering the building, rounds out the enterprise-grade design. Water is only able to enter the data center if a fire is detected.