The world is increasingly becoming technologized. AI is the next big thing and will be part of everyday life in no time. In a nutshell, AI is the ability of a computer program to think, learn, and act like a human. Although AI was once a concept that only science-fiction fans were familiar with, today things are different. AI has gained prominence in many industries, and its possibilities are limitless and endless. It has become mainstream and people and organizations are embracing it widely.
Websites have not been left behind in adopting AI. E-commerce giants like Amazon and eBay are leading the way in applying AI to refine search results, provide product recommendations, and perform other tasks. Small organizations are also using AI to improve user experience on their websites. The good thing with AI is that you can build any type of website ranging from e-commerce to company, blog and information site.
Why Use AI on Your Website
- Meet users’ needs: AI solutions enable your website to meet users’ needs based on their past behavior and purchasing history. AI determines the videos, blogs, and content to show a user based on their preferences and hence meet their needs.
- Improve user experience: AI tools allow for personalized pages and content that enhances the user experience at your website. By implementing AI on your website, your audience gets content that is tailored for them. Also, AI ensures products are easy to find and purchase.
- Offer website analytics: AI helps you to conduct analytics on your website so that you identify weak points and improve them. Website analytics can help you improve the sales performance of your site.
- Increase sales: AI helps to convert users into customers by nurturing them in the buyer’s journey.
- Lower costs: AI performs numerous website management roles saving you time and labor costs.
- AI makes your website search easier and faster.
- AI personalizes web experience.
Benefits of AI for E-commerce Sites
- Predictive marketing: AI uses machine learning to help you determine what your customers are most likely to purchase. This way, you show customers what they want to see and how they want to see and hence increasing conversions.
- Fraud detection and prevention: Fraud is expensive and costs companies billions of dollars collectively. AI detects and prevents fraud by risk scoring and analyzing patterns and trends to identify anomalies.
- Automation: performing repetitive tasks ranging from publishing products to scheduling sales, and identifying high-risk purchases can be overwhelming. However, AI comes with automation that performs the repetitive tasks simplifying your work and saving time.
- Dynamic pricing: with AI, you don’t have to worry about manually pricing all your products. Dynamic pricing uses AI to price your inventory in real time.
- Data mining: AI offers data mining that provides insights into customers’ behaviors and market trends to aid in decision-making.
- Real-time assistance: AI is useful for e-commerce businesses that handle high volumes of customers daily. It provides customers with real-time help when they need it. For example, an online transport company can use AI chatbots to answer customer queries and provide personalized travel information.
AI Tools You Need for Your Website
It is an AI tool that serves as an alternative for a live chat. Chatbots are advantageous because they function 24/7, save time, and enhance customer experience. They assist customers on your website by answering their queries. With a chatbot, you won’t have to answer the same questions every day. Nowadays, interaction with chatbots is equated to interactions with real professional assistants.
Although many companies including Amazon, Burberry, and eBay use chatbots on social media, some companies use chatbots on their websites such as Alibaba and Amtrak. Alibaba, a retail giant located in China, uses chatbots –AliMe– in its e-commerce site. AliMe answers customers’ questions as well as helps customers choose products.
Amtrak –a rail passenger service serving US, Columbia, and parts of Canada- has an incredible chatbot on their website called Julie. Rather than using the traditional way of booking tickets, you can chat with Julie to plan your travel, ask questions on ticketing, and navigate Amtrak.com.
2. Voice search
Voice search is gaining prominence among users as internet browsing becomes faster and efficient. It is projected to grow in the coming years as more consumers embrace voice search tools. Voice search enables conversation between a website and a user and hence making the user experience even better.
Famous voice search solutions include Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa and Microsoft’s Cortana. Many e-commerce companies are optimizing their websites to accommodate voice searches that will soon be prevalent. They are especially focusing on accommodating voice searches on their apps. For example, Ocado –British online grocery brand- partnered with Amazon’s Axela to allow people to order groceries using voice command on the brand’s app. Far from the apps, companies like Patron Tequila have collaborated with Amazon’s Alexa to allow its Bot-Tender chatbot to make suggestions on cocktail ideas via voice activation.
Many businesses especially small and medium-sized businesses struggle with creating websites. They spend much time and money building a website. Bookmark comes to the rescue of these businesses by using AI design assistants to create websites for you. It does so by determining the sections, elements, images, and design styles that are best for your industry. The AI tool then searches the web to establish what business you engage in and your customer preferences. Then it combines all this information to develop a website that is relevant to your business and customers.
Bookmark has helped many businesses build their website easily and quickly without incurring the cost of hiring a web designer. Art and Mastery –a dealer of high-end customer furniture- is among the companies that have benefited from this AI tool. Bookmark has also helped Vida Granada Tours –a tour operator enterprise- build three websites while providing excellent customer service.
Grammarly is a simple but effective AI tool for websites. It is a proofreading tool that helps catch all writing mistakes from spellings to typos. The good thing with Grammarly is that you can integrate it with your apps and browsers.
The AI tool alerts you when you make mistakes when writing emails and blog posts. The results are well written and grammatically correct blog posts that are compelling and grab the audience’s attention. Additionally, Grammarly compiles a report of all your mistakes so that you can become a better writer with time. Grammarly is common in websites that support students and professional writers.
Uberflip is an AI tool that helps with content personalization to create unique experiences for customers. This AI tool solves a major problem that many brands encounter; content personalization. Uberflip is widely used in websites to greet visitors with personalized content that stimulate engagement and self-nurturing. It also accelerates your funnel by helping customers move faster in the buying process and hence improve conversions.
Dyn and Booker are prime examples of companies using Uberflip for their websites. By using Uberflip, Dyn –a company specializing in internet performance management- increased unique page views by 312% and improved visitors’ time on page by 143%. The company also increased monthly recurring revenue (MRR) by 56%.
Booker –a firm that offers business management software for service businesses- on the other hand, cut its cost per acquisition by 49% and cost per lead by 71%. Also, Uberflip increased unique visit to Booker’s website by 160%.
Crayon utilizes AI to track your competitor’s activities online including their website to offer valuable insights for your business. You track your competitor’s entire digital footprint ranging from changes in pricing to customer reviews and marketing campaigns. You can use the data obtained to decide how to design your website and the content to post. This helps you attain a competitive edge and stay ahead of the pack on your site.
AmeriFirst –a Michigan-based mortgage lender- uses Crayon’s market intelligence to stay ahead of its competition by improving different aspects of its online presence and operations. Fuze –a communication as a service enterprise- also uses Crayon AI to attain scalability and competitiveness in a very competitive industry. Timely updates on competitors allow Fuze to also make a move to optimize its website.
7. Adext AI
Finding the right audience for your site and blog posts can be daunting and overwhelming. But not anymore with Adext AI. This AI tool saves you the hassle of singlehandedly determining who your right audience is. It uses AI and machine learning to identify the right audience for your ads –including your site- and position them there while optimizing your budget. By finding the right audience, Adext AI enhances conversion rates and increases revenue.
A couple of years ago, AI was largely known. Nevertheless, currently, it has become popular and is considered to be the future of technology. AI has found its way on the internet, making it possible for you to leverage its use on your website. There are numerous AI tools that you can use on your company’s website ranging from chatbot to bookmark and Uberflip. These tools offer companies an opportunity to increase efficiency, generate sales, engage customers, personalize experiences, and attain competitive advantage. Contact Applied Innovations to know more about AI and how it impacts your website.