Applied Innovations first launched VPS Hosting as a production offering in 2007 utilizing the Virtuozzo OS virtualization platform. Since that time, technology has continued to evolve, leading to new innovations in virtualization and cloud computing.
In 2009, we partnered with Microsoft and built out a managed Virtual Dedicated Server offering around Hyper-V and the System Center suite of products. This placed Applied Innovations at the core of the Dynamic Datacenter Initiative, and we became one of the founding members of the Dynamic Datacenter Alliance.
In order to continue to provide superior levels of service, performance, reliability and innovation to our customers, Applied Innovations will be migrating all of our Virtuozzo-based VPS servers to our newest Hyper-V based platform. Migration is planned to begin in early June.
Our new VPS Hosting accounts based on the Hyper-V hypervisor and managed using the System Center suite of products provide a cost effective platform for an IT infrastructure at a fraction of the cost normally associated with this level of performance.
The Hyper-V-powered Windows VPS Plans will deliver the following managed services and advantages:
- Increased Server Uptime: With our Hyper-V powered plans you’ll see an improved level of reliability and stability as you’ll have full access to your own isolated operating system install and no longer share a common kernel.
- Increased Security: You’ll have a wider level of control over your VPS including the ability to load custom drivers and install new updates and features when you want, without waiting for a third-party vendor’s approval process.
- Increased Disk Performance and Reliability: All Hyper-V powered VPS plans utilize Dell Equallogic SANs for increased disk performance, allowing your VPS server to scale from gigabytes to terabytes of storage. Should a hardware node fail, you can quickly be migrated to a new node thanks to the storage network.
- Managed System Updates: One of the most tedious tasks any Systems Administrator faces is keeping the base operating system up to date and secure. By leveraging Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, each VPS will be automatically updated as new system updates are released.
- Managed Availability Monitoring: Servers will be monitored and tracked using Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM/MOM). In the event a VPS becomes unresponsive or begins to show a trend towards a potential problem, our team of Administrators will be alerted and take action promptly.
- Managed Anti-Virus: Anti-Virus is no longer seen as just recommended but is required to maintain security on any server. Utilizing Symantec Endpoint Security, every VPS will always have the latest anti-virus signatures and protection.
- Capacity on Demand: By utilizing Hyper-V and System Center monitoring, we’ll be able to make real-time recommendations based on actual monitored resource usage and performance, promising optimized performance at minimal costs.
- Experts on Demand: As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Applied Innovations is able to offer the highest level of support and service. Our team of Systems Administrators and Engineers are available to customers 24/7 and can assist with all aspects of planning, deployment and management of Managed IT infrastructure.
But we’re not just stopping there. We’re constantly innovating new technologies and offerings around our Hyper-V-based Managed VPS platform and before long will be launching a beta of our new Control Panel. For more information about Applied Innovations’ Hyper-V-powered Windows VPS Plans, call us at 866-706-8691.