As novel coronavirus (COVID-19) diagnoses continue to increase around the world, I wanted to share with you not only what Applied Innovations is doing but some resources we’re preparing for your business to use as well.
Applied Innovations is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees and ensuring business continuity, in service to you, our customers and partners. We are confident that coronavirus will not significantly impact our business and our commitment to our clients is unwavering.
Thank you for your continued trust in us.
With the rise in diagnoses, we are taking increased measures to maintain business continuity and protect the health of our employees.
What we’re doing at Applied Innovations
We are currently taking the following measures of precaution:
• We have canceled all business travel and recommended that our team avoids non-urgent personal travel as well.
• We require any employee that boards an aircraft, either domestically or abroad, to work from home for a 14-day precautionary period before coming back to the office.
• We are only accepting the minimum number of visitors and in person meetings. We have canceled all planned events, parties, meet-ups, and conferences and will be leveraging virtual conferencing options instead.
• We have shared best practice health tips with our team and continue to keep them updated daily.
• We have ensured hand sanitizing stations are readily available around our work areas and increased the frequency of office cleaning.
• We have reduced in-person meetings and interviews to a minimum, proceeding with video calls instead.
• While we continue our work as usual, we are preparing for different scenarios. As a cloud-based technology services company with an extremely strong infrastructure, we are prepared to manage business continuity challenges virtually. We anticipate no impact to our service and believe in our ability to keep both our business and all our clients running and expanding as usual, with no interruption. We have ensured that our team members have whatever they need to work remotely if needed and to continue doing their jobs securely. We have increased channels of internal communication, and as always, prioritize communication with you, our clients, so you can remain focused on your business challenges and goals.
• We will continue to meticulously monitor news from the World Health Organization, among other sources and guidelines, and are committed to reassessing the situation and adjusting our plans accordingly.
What you can do to prepare your business
If you’re concerned about your own business and what you can do to better prepare we are preparing a number of resources for businesses as they look to go remote. The first of these is a Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Continuity Plan Template that you can download here. We’ll be releasing several resources including business continuity templates, infographics, a series of expert interviews, as well as, video tips around remote working best practices and cyber-security.
We wish you all good health and thank you for continuing to place your trust in us.