One of the great features of AppliedI-Labs is that we’re able to load new technology onto servers extremely early. I’m pleased to announce that just a couple days ago the Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server 2.0 were released and are already available on our AppliedI-Labs environment and will soon be made available across all of our production servers. Included in this release is support for PHP Data Objects (PDO), the ability to leverage SQL Server’s Reporting Services and Business Intelligence capabilities and the ability to connect to SQL Azure.
If you want to learn more about the new PHP drivers for SQL Server:
- Microsoft SQL Server Driver for PHP Team Blog
- SQL Server Reporting Services SDK for PHP
- Official Documentation on MSDN
If you want to test out the new PHP drivers today:
- You can install it locally as part of the Microsoft Web Platform Installer (WebPI)
- You can download it directly from Microsoft MSDN Downloads.
- You can signup for a WebMatrix Hosting Beta account with Applied Innovations and try it out in our sandboxed AppliedI-Labs environment.