In honor of the most romantic month of the year, we were inspired to discuss the importance of getting your customers to fall in love with your business through outstanding customer service. Having a great product is only one part of the equation. As time goes on, businesses see more and more competitors enter their market. If you’re not focusing on quality service, expect your customers to choose the company that goes above and beyond to guarantee repeat business.
We recently had the pleasure of working with Displayit, a Georgia-based company that offers a full catalog of trade show displays. Displayit impressed us from the start, when a friendly representative introduced herself, immediately made us feel like part of the Displayit family and made sure she had a comprehensive understanding of our needs and expectations. Not only were their prices competitive, their team went above and beyond to find the perfect solution for our unique budget and preferences. Our signage came out beautifully and we received many compliments at the trade shows we attended. Afterwards, we received a follow up email thanking us for our business and making sure we had a pleasant experience.
So how can you make your customers fall in love with your business? Here are 6 tips to improve your customer service:
1. Find a solution. What customers believe to be true is true. Don’t waste time trying to change their mind – apologize and work to find a suitable solution.
2. Manage your reputation. With the advent of social media, it’s much easier for customers to complain online, to their friends and sometimes to you. Your business reputation is only as good as your customers’ last visit. Anyone who interacts with your customers should be familiar with this.
3. Empower. Train your employees to make decisions on their own to assist a client without having to call “the boss.” Let the manager handle the exceptions.
4. Feedback. Take a note from Displayit and give your customers the opportunity to tell you what they thought about their experience with your company. Adhere to the Three Times Rule – if you hear something about your company three times, whether positive or negative, pay close attention. It is likely true, and it’s important to take immediate action.
5. Admit mistakes. Though it’s far easier said than done, it’s important to admit when you’re wrong. Once you do this, your customer will be happier.
6. Online reviews. Online reviews written by real customers on the quality of your service are incredibly helpful to procuring new customers.
At Applied Innovations, we know great customer service is paramount to our success as a company. Our web hosting services are only half of the equation. We understand that the relationship between an online business and the company they rely on for their online web presence is more of a business partnership than a classic vendor-client relationship, as the success of one ultimately dictates the success of the other. If you are searching for a reliable web hosting company, contact Applied Innovations today at 1-866-706-8691 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.