In this blog, we will discuss what a reseller web hosting business entails, and give you some exclusive tips and tricks on how to make your reseller web hosting business a successful one.
What is reseller web hosting?
Reseller hosting is a form of web hosting where the owner of hard drive space and bandwidth allocates a certain amount of said hard drive space and/or bandwidth to third parties. Someone who’s a reseller of web hosting services may also choose to rent a dedicated server to their clients.
What are the benefits of reseller web hosting?
Many reseller web hosting businesses offer a wide variety of benefits to their clients, including (but certainly not limited to):
- free end user support
- WHMCS, a client management, billing, and support solution that’s specifically designed for web hosts, and turns your website into an all purpose shop with all functionality.
- SSL for hosting domain, which secures all transactions on the website (in fact, many laws require that sites that accept credit cards as payment must have SSL security on their site; in a web hosting reseller situation, the company may offer SSL to the domain name to secure all transactions on the website)
- SSL reseller accounts (this allows the hosting company to resell SSL certificates to their clients)
- Domain reseller accounts (this allows the hosting company to resell domain names to clients)
In addition to the wide variety of options available to clients (i.e., purchasers of services) , the operation of a web hosting reseller business is much easier than it sounds. For instance, did you know that you don’t need extensive technical knowledge to have a web hosting reseller business? As a web hosting reseller, you’re only responsible for maintaining websites of your clients and focusing on web hosting reselling. The hosting partner you’ve built your business with is responsible for all of the other maintenance. So you don’t have to worry about network infrastructure, hardware issues, routing issues, securing the network from DDOS attacks and the likes
However, there are a few disadvantages to this business model of web hosting reselling: even though the overhead on such services is only a few dollars a month, the business of web hosting reselling is a competitive business, and in order to be profitable in the business, you have to be able to invest money into marketing and advertising to stand apart from the rest.
With that said, every business today needs a website, and a web presence, so there will be no shortage of customers who will need your services.
Tips and Tricks for Running a Successful Web Hosting Reseller Business
Here are a few essential tips and tricks for those who wish to run their own web hosting reselling company, and want to do so in a sea of other web hosting reseller companies:
- Branding is key — you have to do things that not only set you apart from the competition, but establish you as an authority in the field. To that end, then, the rules of digital marketing apply to you just as much as they apply to everyone else in the digital landscape: blog regularly (and make the blogs have at least 300 words in order to get indexed by Google), optimize your SEO, and use social media to your advantage.
- Choose a great hosting company — of course, who you choose as a hosting company will ultimately deserve your success (or failure) as a reseller. Make sure that the system you choose is reliable, then, so that you have more “up time” than “downtime.”
- Finally, but most importantly, treat it like a business. This is not a “gamble” — this is a surefire way of generating money, if you treat it like the business that it is!
Photo Source / Desaturated from original