Applied Innovations was an early partner with DotNetNuke, having hosted the application since its inception as the IBuySpy portal starter kit back in 2002 with the first release of ASP.NET 1.0. Since then, Applied Innovations has hosted literally thousands of DotNetNuke sites and has made it a priority to provide best-in-class support for the application. Most recently, AppliedI debuted its Awesome DotNetNuke Cloud Server Hosting in November at DotNetNuke World 2011. Not only was this the first cloud of this type built specifically and optimized for DotNetNuke, it is in fact the first cloud built to be application-specific.
With over 700,000 websites based on the platform worldwide, DotNetNuke is favored by developers, designers and business people for quickly building and easily maintaining websites of all kinds. In particular, DNN helps businesses respond faster and affordably to unpredictable change on the web. It ensures organizations can keep one of their most important business assets – their website – relevant and up to date.
Exciting New Features of the Version 6.1 DotNetNuke Release
Recently, the DNN launched a new version of the platform offering some exciting new features and improvements. We thought we’d take a look at some of the key advantages available with DotNetNuke 6.1 here.
Going Mobile Just Got Easier
· DotNetNuke 6.1 facilitates the fast creation and maintenance of mobile versions of websites through an intuitive and easy to use administrative user interface with built-in Google analytics support.
· Using adaptive rendering techniques available with CSS and HTML 5, DotNetNuke 6.1 automatically detects the specific characteristics of thousands of mobile devices and tailors the design and content of the page accordingly.
· The platform also empowers designers with an optimized mobile menu that dynamically renders the appropriate menu structure based on the characteristics of a specific device.
· Built-in mobile content previewer makes it easy to optimize the mobile experience of websites early in the process without requiring physical access to thousands of different mobile devices. The content previewer supports Android, Apple iOS, Windows Phone 7 and Blackberry, all without leaving the DotNetNuke environment.
· A mobile website template is provided with this version offering flexible and adaptive layout for a variety of mobile devices. The template is responsive to different screen resolutions so visitors will always have the most optimal experience on their device.
Improved User Management with Site Groups
DotNetNuke 6.1 provides a new capability to simplify the management of users across multiple websites. In addition to a single sign‐on capability for content owners, administrators can now easily set up and manage granular permissions for the users across many different sites.
Fastest. DotNetNuke. Ever.
Client-side performance improvements incorporated in DotNetNuke 6.1 resulted in a significant speed boost. Web requests required to render pages have been reduced by 70%. Compared to previous versions, one customer claims their DNN 6.1 sites load “blazingly fast.”
“Coinciding with the launch of DotNetNuke 6.1, Applied Innovations launched Awesome DotNetNuke Cloud Server Hosting in November as a measure of our commitment to the DNN community,” stated Jess Coburn, president and CEO of Applied Innovations Corp. “At AppliedI, we differentiate ourselves by delivering solid, reliable hosting platforms for a range of highly-demanding applications and environments, such as DotNetNuke.”
Join the DotNetNuke Community of Nearly 1 Million Members
Gain access to the knowledge and support of the huge DNN community, almost one million members strong! As a registered member of the DotNetNuke Community you’ll be able to participate in the conversation and get helpful advice. You’ll also be able to access hundreds of hours of video instruction, hundreds of pages of online documentation, local user groups and wide selection of robust, free open source apps.
Recently, DNN introduced the Community Exchange, designed to offer information in a straightforward Question-and-Answer format. Post any question about creating, using or improving your DotNetNuke website, and let the enthusiastic community members offer their support and recommendations.
· Join the DNN Community at http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Home/User-Registration.aspx
· Community Exchange: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/Community-Exchange.aspx
· User Groups: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/User-Groups.aspx
· Discussion Forums: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Resources/Forums.aspx
· Documentation Wiki: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Resources/Wiki.aspx
· Video Training Library: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Resources/Video-Library.aspx
· Free Open Source Apps: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/Extensions-Forge.aspx
DotNetNuke By the Numbers
Founded in 2006, DotNetNuke presents some impressive numbers:
· Over 7 million downloads of the open source project
· Almost 1 million community members
· An online store with over 10,000 apps, add-ons and designs
· More than 700,000 highly-engaging business critical websites based on the platform worldwide
· Named one of the fastest growing private companies in America on the 2011 Inc. 500 List
· Download DotNetNuke Professional Edition Trial
· Take an Online Tour of DotNetNuke
· Attend a DotNetNuke Webinar